cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i video

jaybird23059
Contributor

Today, I decided to try something really challenging.  

Hoping to create a video of a complete little league game, I purchased an extra memory card, and made sure that both batteries were fully charged.

Near the end of the 4th inning my battery warning came on and I figured maybe it would last to the end of the inning.  It didn't.  After changing the battery, imagine my distress upon discovering that the inning was not saved at all.  

So, here's my question and some assumptions.  I assume if I had stopped recording the camera would have saved the video then I could change the battery and continue with the rest of the game.  Imagine my distress after powering the camera back up to find that the video wasn't there.  I now assume that that part of the game is gone forever.

Here's my question.  Is there any hope that the video may be stored on some internal memory and there's a trick to access it and save it.  I really don't expect a positive answer, but a guy can always hope.

Worst part of this is the fact that grandson hit a double, never to be seen by anyone who wasn't there.

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority
Try to recover your sd card.

Not sure what you mean by recover. I put the card in my PC and the file is not there. Could it be hidden or something like that?

By the way, amazing to get a response so quickly. Thanks.

The directory on the card is all messed up. If you have not used the card for anything else, you can see if the mfg of the card has software that will scan the data - not the directory - to look for files.

There are some third party solutions, too. they often will scan for free and require payment for recovery.

Announcements