cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i upgrade help!

Davidson917
Apprentice

Hi! I am looking into upgrading from the Canon T5i that I have been using for 9 years but am overwhelmed with options. Taking photos at my kiddos sporting event is my main thing - plus sharing with the other teammates/parents. I am shooting outdoors sports as well as in the school gym. I am not looking to spend $2000+ but want to save and invest in something for me! I have currently been using a Tamron 18-400mm F3.5-6.3 lens that I purchased within the last year or so. I know that may not work with some new models.  Any advice on models to look at would be great! Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite

Canon's R-Series cameras are the future.  While you could get an EF-to-RF adapter for your Tamron lens, being a third party lens, there is no guarantee it would work on an R-Series camera.

Having said that, what would be right at $2,000 would be:

• EOS R10 with RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5 to 6.3 lens ($1,350)
  • RF 100-400mm f/5.6 to 8 lens ($650)

That would cover the entire focal range of what you currently have.   Although, one exercise to try is look at all your photos and see what focal lengths you're actually capturing images with.   If it's a narrower range, you could look at a single lens with potentially better aperture values.

You could also look at the EOS R7, but that is more expensive (body only is $1,400).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements