cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i not reading new SD Card

Jhette
Apprentice

Hello and thank you in advance for reading my question,

I am having the issue of with a new SD card I am having, I bought the t5i recently refurbished and seems in every aspect to be in perfect condition. My prolem however is that the camera is not detecting the SD Card, the SD card is the:

SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXXY-128G-GN4IN

It is detected on my computer and I have tried different formats on the PC however anytime I put it back in the camera I can never format or take pictures on the camera, does anybody know why this  is?

4 REPLIES 4

Jhette
Apprentice

Just a little update it says when trying to take a picture " Cardcannot be accessed, format or change the card" then i took a flashlight looked into the sd slot and saw a piece on the bottom look twisted like

Sounds like the SD card slot is damaged.  Call Canon to inquire about a repair.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Jhette wrote:

Hello and thank you in advance for reading my question,

I am having the issue of with a new SD card I am having, I bought the t5i recently refurbished and seems in every aspect to be in perfect condition. My prolem however is that the camera is not detecting the SD Card, the SD card is the:

SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXXY-128G-GN4IN

It is detected on my computer and I have tried different formats on the PC however anytime I put it back in the camera I can never format or take pictures on the camera, does anybody know why this  is?

You said you just purchased it.

Did it ever work or did the problem start after the camera was functioning properly?

Difference being if it never worked you should contact the seller as you were sold a defective camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I bought the t5i recently refurbished and seems in every aspect to be in perfect condition."

Except one, the SD slot.  Return it. I don't know what a used T5i sells for but I will guess somewhere in the $200 to $300 dollar range.  So, be careful about getting it repaired as it can quickly become more than its worth or you can buy another working one for.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements