cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG HSM will not spin to lock in Canon SL2

testertips
Apprentice

Hi all,

Purchsed a used Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG HSM off eBay.  Research says that it should fit the Canon SL2.  However, the lens will not turn to lock in.  It does fit snug into the mount, just doesn't turn.  On inspection the lens is super clean and I don't see any damage around the mount area.  Thoughts?  Want ot make sure I'm not missing something before requesting a refund, thanks.

Apologies for the double post (also in lenses), if that's an issue.

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

Are you sure it has a Canon mount, that lens is also available with a Nikon mount.

DG is for Canon... I found the issue thought.  There is a screw not screwed in all the way - seems to be stuck.  Not sure how this guy tested this for functionality as stated in the listing.  Refund started.

Hope your refund goes smoothly!

@tester tips wrote:

DG is for Canon... I found the issue thought.  There is a screw not screwed in all the way - seems to be stuck.  Not sure how this guy tested this for functionality as stated in the listing.  Refund started.

That is incorrect.  The "DG" designation simply means that the lens is designed for full frame bodies.  There is nothing in the model number that tells you what type of full frame lens mount the lens is made for.

Send it back for a full refund.  It sounds like you may have the wrong lens mount, or a DIY repair gone wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Post response in your Lenses post as well.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements