cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade lens for T3i?

kazana
Apprentice

Question....I shoot baseball for a hobby and need to get out as cheap as possible. Should I upgrade my lens for my Canon Rebel T3i or purchase a 90D?

I am not able to upgrade camera and lens at the same time. I'm not even sure if there is another lens that would fit the Rebel.

I currently use the EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III and my images are just not as crisp as I'd like.

10 REPLIES 10

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sometimes the slightly more expensive option is the cheapest option in the long run. I have seen used, in very good condition to mint examples go in the low $400s. And it is hands a down a very much better lens than any 70-75-300mm zoom. Plus, if or when, the OP has no more use for it, it will have a better resale value. Had OP done this at the start he would not be buying the same lens twice!

OP wants to shoot baseball perhaps some wildlife.  Obviously he wants better than he has gotten so far. As to the size or "heft" of one of the 150-600mm super zooms, it does depend on how much you want the best photos possible. If the size or "heft" is too much for you, you probably need to find another hobby as this is what it takes.

I have let rather smaller stature high school girls use my 1DX with the SIgma 150-600mm Sport (with monopod) on it to shoot football for yearbook. It does all depend on how bad you want the shot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements