cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a camera with universal flash pin

SnapIt
Apprentice

Hey guys so I am starting a photobooth business and I need a good camera that won’t break the bank. I have an eos T100 but it doesn’t have the universal pin for an external flash! I need one that will be able to work with a transmitter and live view, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hello Snaplt welcome to the forums. The lowest end Rebel series camera to offer the center pin on the hot shoe is the Rebel T8i. Also only Canon speedlites and transmitters will work in live view. 3rd party speedlites and transmitters Do NOT work in live view and the flash will NOT Fire.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

EOS 40D & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is your budget, then?  What type of transmitter?

Do you have a fully fleshed out design in mind?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have a godox TT520ii and ideally something less than 600? If possible if not I can find a used one. The pic attached are the cameras that are compatible

6887ED18-8801-4A34-B669-22F2965D3F96.png

You did not say what type of “transmitter” you would be using. 

I suggest that you FIRST figure out how your booth will work, soup to nuts.  Buying some gear and then figuring out how to make it work is a recipe for failure.

There are lots of videos about DIY photo booths on YouTube.  I suggest that you do some research and design your photo booth before you start buying camera gear.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hello Snaplt welcome to the forums. The lowest end Rebel series camera to offer the center pin on the hot shoe is the Rebel T8i. Also only Canon speedlites and transmitters will work in live view. 3rd party speedlites and transmitters Do NOT work in live view and the flash will NOT Fire.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

EOS 40D & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements