cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save/Load Settings for R6

jrobe1111
Apprentice

is there a way to safe/load settings for the R6 body? I know the R5 has it, but it doesn’t appear that the R6 does.  If it doesn’t, is there a work around? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome

I take it you mean to save your configuration to an SD card as a backup.  No, there is not such feature for the R6 (wish there was...) but, at a pinch, you could load your default config settings to one of the C1-C3 modes as a backup, if you are not using them already.  They should stay if you do a reset.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

That's a bummer.  I am former 18 year Nikon photog that switched to Canon.  I find that SOME R series bodies have this feature, but eh R6 does not.  I shoot with two identical bodies and I like to save settings to SD card not just for backup, but to configure the second body identical to the first.  Such a time saver and reduces human error.  

Anyone knw if there is a feature request option?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Cheers Trevor, always great ideas from you.

@jrobe1111

There is a +feedback option at the very bottom of the Canon USA site or Support Portal.  Then select Product

shadowsports_0-1666050274425.png

shadowsports_1-1666050373040.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements