cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO SAD.....ALL SOLD, BLAMING TO THE MIRRORLESS

nobodyeasy
Apprentice

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kLvMRE6zSgxZcskF6

I've witnessed the photography landscape evolve, transitioning from DSLR to mirrorless cameras, a change that's not just about technology but also about new possibilities. I appreciate the compactness, the rapid shooting speeds, and the video capabilities that come without a mirror mechanism (Never needed). It's true that this design eats into battery life, but the trade-off is worth it for the faster autofocus and the high ISO performance with minimal noise, which is crucial for my RAW format shots. Software like DXO PureRAW has been a game-changer for me, optimizing the sharpness and shadows of my images to near perfection.

As for the Canon EOS R100, I'm intrigued by its silent shutter mode, which promises discretion in moments that demand quietness. Yet, I'm aware that this feature is usually tied to automatic settings, and I might not be able to use it with manual controls, which are essential to my photography style. But my question is that the R100 supports silent shooting in RAW format means I won't have to compromise on image quality?

In the end, whether I choose a Sony mirrorless or the Canon EOS R100, it's about the unique advantages each camera offers. The R100, in particular, seems well-suited for my panoramic shots, especially those I plan to display on Google Maps. It's not just about the resolution; it's about the practicality of image processing and the speed at which these images can load on screens worldwide. The silent shutter in RAW format is just the cherry on top for a photographer like me, who values both the quality of the shot and the silence in which it's captured. If I go for the R100, it will be for its panoramic prowess and the seamless experience it promises for my global audience.

ALL SOLD, SO SAD.......ALL SOLD, SO SAD.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since Canon EF lenses work just fine on Canon R cameras with the Canon adapter, there is no reason to sell them just yet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since Canon EF lenses work just fine on Canon R cameras with the Canon adapter, there is no reason to sell them just yet.

I know but I'm just curious if anyone has followed my post. Indeed, I sold all the lenses in the photo because I'm over 50 and I suddenly found that street photography is less and less suitable for my personality change. The question I asked is whether R100 silent shutter supports RAW format? I still want to buy it now, and I'm hesitating whether to buy R5, R7, R8, or R100. I currently use Nikon and Sony mirrorless cameras.

Announcements