cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote won't trigger EOS M50 w/ 22mm Prime lens, OK w/ other lenses

Far-Out-Dude
Rising Star
Rising Star

For some reason my Canon eos M50 Won't Work With the Remote Trigger when using Canon 22mm Prime Lens. I had set up on the Fourth of July to photograph the fireworks with the my Canon 22mm Prime lens (EF-M) and I could not get it to work at all. I had also brought my Canon EF-S 18 55 macro 0.25m 0.8ft lens that I shot the fireworks with last year and that worked just fine though I did have to figure out how to get it to fire as the button was shot and not on delay as I have not been able to shoot much since Sept. and have forgotten a few things.

Any clue why the 22mm would not have worked? I am using the Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens lens the M50 is the first version and the remote trigger is the Canon BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control. Thank you for any help.

IMG_1872.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That’s odd. It works with other lenses but not the 22mm prime?  What [drive] mode do you use? 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am sorry, I did not get on the computer today, it is actually 2 days later for me now. I have taken it out of that mode since but I think it was 2 second continuous though with my memory I do not know that for fact. it is 1 in the morning here, I am only up because I forgot to take a medicine and was getting sick so I had to take it. I will try to replicate it in the morning before I go back to the nursing home to see my girlfriend.

Well scratch that, everything was sitting right next to me so I tried it again and now it is working like a charm with the 22mm on. I do not know why it would not work on the Fourth. I am in single or continuous shooting mode.

Announcements