cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel XS busy error

measterling
Apprentice

For as long as I can remember, my Rebel XS has occationally given me a busy error in the viewfinder. It used to not be that often, but seems to have incresed in frequency. My dad has the same camera, but never has gotten such an error, nor have others I've met with Rebels, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with mine. I do find that it does this more when I'm in dimmer situations, but seems like it's becoming more sensitive. It's almost like it's taking a really long time to think about what settings to shoot with or whether or not it needs the flash. I always shoot in auto mode and use the AF function on the lense, as do others I've compared experiences with. Wondering if there's anything I can do to fix the problem quickly myself or if I just got a bum model and need to get it repaired professionally or replaced??? 

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Just for kicks, try his memory card in your camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1, not sure what you are recommending?

"My dad has the same camera, but never has gotten such an error, ..."

Try his memory card in your camera and see if you still get the busy signal. You know he has a good one!

EB

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification, I thought you were recommending a memory card but wasn't clear which one. I will try that when he comes to visit us in January. You think it could just be an issue with the memory card? 

Yes it is a likely bet but not a certain one.

EB

Interesting, ok, maybe I'll just try to pick up a new one later this week and see if it works, will report back once I've had a chance to test it. 

Announcements