cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 sensor self cleaning

offtheroad
Contributor

Does the T7 have a sensor self cleaning?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Negative, the Rebel T7 does not have a "self-cleaning" sensor.  All that the self cleaning process does is rapidly shake and vibrate the sensor, which supposedly causes dust to come free and fall off inside of your camera somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Good afternoon! Are there any kits you would suggest to clean the Rebel T7 sensor? I have heard mixed opinions on what size swab I would need and I have had a difficult time finding good kits. Thank you!

Jordan_2
Apprentice

@mypascoconnect wrote:

The camera has a cleaning function that automatically removes dust from the image sensor when the power is turned on or off, or when the camera shuts off in Power Saving mode. This cleaning function can be activated whenever you like, or shut off entirely. ... Set the camera's power switch to < ON >.

@Jordan_2 wrote:

@mypascoconnect wrote:

The camera has a cleaning function that automatically removes dust from the image sensor when the power is turned on or off, or when the camera shuts off in Power Saving mode. This cleaning function can be activated whenever you like, or shut off entirely. ... Set the camera's power switch to < ON >.

The above claim is totally incorrect.  The Rebel T7 only has manual sensor cleaning mode.  It is not self cleaning.

361E6120-8C85-4EA8-8A97-83C098B1953D.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"The camera has a cleaning function ..."

You are probably thinking T7i, not T7.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements