cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6i

pma1123
Apprentice

I love my T6i but recently the view finder has fogged up so that I can not use it anymore.  I have tried to find out how much it would cost to fix it and I was told that it would be around $300.  So now I am not sure what I can do.  I have been thinking of buying a used T6 and I wonder if all my lens will fit another Rebel that is not a T6i.  Buying a new cmaera is difficult because I am on disability. 

11 REPLIES 11

John_
Authority

I would try putting it in a large zip-loc bag and then fill the bag with desiccant packs and seal the bag up. Remove as much as possible, the lens, the battery, the SD card and leave the battery compartment open. Those packs are inexpensive and are specifically used to remove moisture. Amazon sells them with prices like $13 for 250 packs.

@John_ wrote:

I would try putting it in a large zip-loc bag and then fill the bag with desiccant packs and seal the bag up. Remove as much as possible, the lens, the battery, the SD card and leave the battery compartment open. Those packs are inexpensive and are specifically used to remove moisture. Amazon sells them with prices like $13 for 250 packs.

absolutely.  That should work too. But no matter what accep this will take days, and each time you take the camera out of that environment you impact it's effectiveness.  You will have to be patient with this.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements