cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6i won’t connect to Mac for remote shooting.

meredith486
Contributor
Hi all,
I have my canon t6i connected to my Mac with a usb cord. I pull up the EOS Utility and I cannot even click on remote shooting. It’s grayed out and isn’t clickable. Is there a camera or Mac Book Air setting I need to change to get this to work? I’m trying to do live shooting through my Mac so I can see myself when filming. Thanks in advance for any help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi meredith486,

Based on your description I recommend making sure the Wi-Fi feature of the camera is disabled. If the Wi-Fi is enabled the USB terminal of the camera will not output a signal to the computer. When EOS Utility does not detect the camera the image transfer and remote shooting options will be inactive.

The Wi-Fi option can be found in the Setup (yellow wrench) section of the camera's menu. Once it is disabled, reconnect the camera, power it on, and the remote shooting option in EOS Utility will be active.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi meredith486,

Based on your description I recommend making sure the Wi-Fi feature of the camera is disabled. If the Wi-Fi is enabled the USB terminal of the camera will not output a signal to the computer. When EOS Utility does not detect the camera the image transfer and remote shooting options will be inactive.

The Wi-Fi option can be found in the Setup (yellow wrench) section of the camera's menu. Once it is disabled, reconnect the camera, power it on, and the remote shooting option in EOS Utility will be active.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

meredith486
Contributor
Thanks! Solved my problem!
Announcements