cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3i

Jimd79707
Apprentice
Have camera set to store in Raw format. When I take out memory card, put in computer and download images to Lightroom then put back in camera, camera goes to M storage. What am I doing wrong? Not touching camera settings
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Not touching camera settings"

You did touch the camera's settings becuse RAW is not the Canon T3i default.  I would reset the camera back to factory and try things again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority
There is no type of storage called "M". For types you select to record in either RAW or JPG. (Or both simultaneously)

Within the types there is the ability to control the size (resolution) of the image files. The corresponding symbols are a "blocky" stairs-like thing for low res, an intermediately smooth mid-res, and then a smooth quarter-round for high-res.

I have to check but "M" May be the letter symbol that corresponds to the mid-res medium size file capture setting.

With today's big cheap memory cards you can hold hundreds and hundreds of high res images on a card. I can't think of any reason not to shoot in the highest res, biggest file size unless you are doing something unusual like taking photos for people's ID badges that will be printed tiny and low res.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Not touching camera settings"

You did touch the camera's settings becuse RAW is not the Canon T3i default.  I would reset the camera back to factory and try things again.

EB

Thanks. Reset camera to factory, then reset to Raw and everything seems to work now. Camera stays in Raw setting like it should.

Great! Success.............Smiley Very Happy

EB
Announcements