cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel Software Problem?

critchley
Apprentice

Hello, appreciate this resource to get help.  I have a Canon Rebel XT that is around 9 years old.  It has a way abover average number of exposures on it but seems to still function fine mechanically.  I had not used it in 2 years and when I turned it on, I had a problem with white balance and when I want to correct it I realized that I was not getting a full set of menu icons and the sub set of functions beneath each was also truncated.  The menu (Camera 2) that addresses white balance just does not appear at all.  I'm not finding a master reset or anything in the instruction booklet that addresses this issue.

Really appreciate any help I can get, this seeems like a tricky one....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

If you are in a basic shooting mode you cannot change that, try another mode like P, Tv, Av, M or A-dep

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

If you are in a basic shooting mode you cannot change that, try another mode like P, Tv, Av, M or A-dep

Thanks, that did it!  I did trythe "specialty modes but guess I didn't try the Shooting modes.  Thank You very much.

You're welcome!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I had not used it in 2 years and when I turned it on, ..."

Did you have to enter the date/time when you turned it on?  If you did, it reset itself.  Auto mode is probably the factory default.   Also you may want to check the keep alive battery. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for your help, it's working well now.   It is a Rebel with a lot of exposures as was used in an ebay business.  Wonder if there is a built in exposure counter and what the life expectancy is?

Announcements