cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel Connection Question

PBF
Apprentice

Weird question, or maybe not..... Is there a way to connect my rebel to my PC directly, and when taking photos they automatically show on my PC screen as they are taken? I have Photo Shop and LIght room if i need either of those. I juse cant fiigure it out. TIA 

Adam

PBF

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried using the Canon EOS Utility, yet?  It might work the way you want, and then it might not.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I have Photo Shop and LIght room if i need either of those. I juse cant fiigure it out.

tether.jpg

Lightroom is what you want.  If your version will work follow the steps.  Tip; it is best to use an active USB cable.

I use this all the time and it works extremely well.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Ah!  Ernie's post just reminded me of the fact that Canon's DPP software has a remote shooting option, which also allows you to specify which folder to store the photos in your computer.  

PBF
Apprentice
What are the steps? Can you help?

@PBF wrote:
What are the steps? Can you help?

No.  I suggest you download a copy of the Instruction Manual.  Or, you could try clicking on the big [REMOTE SHOOTING] button.

"What are the steps? Can you help?"  Smiley Frustrated

You implied you had Lightroom?  That is all you need and I showed you the exact steps to do so?  Did you need more? The only issue left is, is your version of LR compatible with whatever Rebel you have.  It is simple to find that out. Try it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements