cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon Rebel t7 is "busy"

micheryan
Apprentice

I purchased a refurbished Canon Rebel T7 back in May. It worked great until two weeks ago. Now, when I turn the camera on and try to take a picture, there is a "busy" message in the view piece. The camera will not focus - I have tried removing the battery, removing the memory card, charging the battery, removing and reattaching the lens, turning the lens from AF to MF. The lens will NOT focus and the camera will not take pictures when the button is pressed. PLEASE HELP, I am going on a hiking trip and need it to be working! I tried the zoom lens 75-300mm and it appears to work. I am trying to use the 18-55mm lens and it won't focus if the switch on the lens is on AF. It will take picutures on the MF setting. In the AF setting it "sounds" like it is trying to focus, but everything is blurry.

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you have at least two problems.  The "BUSY" message is probably a result of settings and/or an unreliable memory card.  Not focusing is probably a result of jammed AF motors.  Take a look at the post by Canon Expert Julius

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Lenses/Autofocus-not-working-18-55mm-lens/m-p/138173#M5481 

This fix that he describes is for a particular model of the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens, which lacks manual AF override.  People turn the focus ring instead of the zoom ring, and boom, the lens no longer autofocuses.  If your lens rattles when you shake it, then this is the most likely cause of the lens not working in AF mode.

As for your memory card, only use full size memory cards from major manufacturer.  Buying cards, batteries, and other camera accessories on Amazon is not recommended, because there are too many unreliable vendors on the platform.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements