cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6markii Self Portraits

erins414
Apprentice
Does anyone on here use this for self-portraits? I could use some help! I am new to mirrorless and have only set my focus and then switched my lens to manual focus while using an intervalometer (not the internal one) to document myself w/my kiddos.

How do I focus by using autofocus on this camera to track me and my kiddos??
I have my camera set up for back button focus (af-on button for BBF) and my “*” button set to turn on eye detection. When I go into my focus area menu, there is no face tracking option showing up for me. I only have whole area and some flexible zones (along with the smaller areas and single point).

I have gone down the internet rabbit hole and feel ever dumber than I did when I started ha! I am probably missing something so little and silly (fingers crossed).
If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or how they approach this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Erin and welcome to the forum:

For this to work you need a remote, but the problem is that it will not operate with BBF. 

I normally use BBF myself, and can confirm it will not work with that setup. So, I turned the shutter button back to focus again and saved that to one of the C# settings, along with eye focus. Then I returned the default mode back to BBF. When I turned the Mode dial to that C# mode, the remote works fine - either with a cable or a remote wireless system. So, thereafter you have a preconfigured self-portrait setup.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements