cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 screen will not show sensor picture as viewfinder does.

rlando001
Contributor

Hello: I cannot view my upcoming shot on the screen as I can in the viewfinder. The screen only shows the various menu pages, the quick control screen, and previously taken photos. I'm suspecting the one of my customizations is to blame. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. FWIW I tried all 4 options under "Screen/Viewfinder display" without success--I'm just getting menus. Thanks in advance. Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Rob:

Sorry to learn you are having difficulties.  Since you have already tried a specific setting for the screen settings, the next step seems to be to re-set the camera back to factory default.  While you may have to re-do some of your customization, it should do the trick.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks Trevor; I was afraid I was going to have to but after a few hours (at 2am) I finally found the problem. FYI it was in the Shoot7 (Red) menu, tab 7, "shooting info disp." then "screen info. settings", I had screens #2 and #5 checked. When I checked screen #1 in addition, it was fixed. It seems strange that screen #2 wouldn't show, but I'm happy.

We are getting more of these issues - the cameras do more clever things, but the menu systems become more and more complex to match.  Glad you got it sorted.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements