cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Mark II artefacts in photo

ovejitamorada
Apprentice

Picked up an R5ii last week and finally got the opportunity to test it out. I admittedly haven't figured out all of the best settings for shooting - but I did notice all of the photos except for the initial two have the same bands / borders on the left and top edge. Any idea what these are? They seem to show up on every photo regardless of lens used (RF, EF adaptor, manual lens...) Do I have a faulty product, or have I overlooked some setting? I'm assuming it's a setting as all of the pictures are taken on the same day and the initial two seemed OK. This is a JPEG render from the RAWSee bordersSee borders

1 REPLY 1

March411
Rising Star

ovejitamorada,

Welcome to the site.

I have been following a thread on another site with people that are having the same issue. What software are you using to view the images? Have you viewed them in Canon DPP?

This is a quote from that thread:

The issue is with Adobe Camera Raw, not the camera. If i load the shot into ACR the fringing appears, if looked at in other apps there is no fringing. Which leads (me at least) to the conclusion that is an ACR issue and not the camera. Fringing appears when viewing in bridge also. When i looked to import it into LRC, it looked fine before import, but fringing shows once imported.

The overall thought was that software without current/update software profiles display the band.

I'm not sure if this helps but thought the information may be useful.

R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards
Announcements