cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 MKII Anamorphic mode???

flaptree
Apprentice

Either I am missing something or R5 MKII doesn't support anamorphic mode?

Somebody please tell me I am missing something. It was very clear and easy to set up on R5C!

7 REPLIES 7

ctitanic
Rising Star

are you asking if this camera supports anamorphic lenses? It supports anamorphic lenses as far as I know. I have seen youtube videos shot at 16:9 format.

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.

flaptree
Apprentice

Thanks for your answer. Can you link the videos please, I cannot find any. 

The R5C had a whole menu for anamorphic desqueeze, with several options, x1.3, x1.6, x1.8 and x2, if I remember correctly. 

The R5 MKII has no such menu, nor options. I spent an hour looking for it, I also read the released manual and there is no mention of anamorphic.

This is very, very strange. I am hoping I missed something, otherwise it's such a big miss for Canon. 

ctitanic
Rising Star

No specifically for the Mark II but for the Mark I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VxX7gaSARk

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.

ctitanic
Rising Star

You may find more useful information about the post editing process here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_d1yc_sBnI

I do not think that the R5 Mk 1 or 2 have a way to squish the image into the anamorphic view in camera.

Frank

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm also looking but I don't see it either.  Searched anamorphic and squeeze...  no hits. The R5 and R5mkII are stills (first) centric cameras that happen to support video.  The R5 C is a video (first) centric camera that takes remarkable stills too.   

I did a bunch of searches, on the web, everything points to no anamorphic correction support (in camera) on the R5 mkII based on what I found. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ctitanic
Rising Star

I think that that's the major difference, the R5 C is designed for video while the R5 Mk1 and Mk2 are designed for Still even when they can capture video.

Frank

flaptree
Apprentice

Thanks a lot guys. That clears it up for me. I am not thinking I am mad anymore :))

I understand the reasoning for Canon, but what a miss. I have to say a BIG MISS. 

I hope firmware comes out, otherwise I might just go back to R5C or maybe even skip to Sony system. 

Announcements