cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 vs. R6II ala 1DMKIV vs. 5DMKIV

mrkjhn
Apprentice

I'm coming from a 1D series camera and the 5D and the difference between them in haptics, shutter button response, buttons and the control wheel is significant; I much prefer the 1D and obviously, they're completely different cameras.  Moving up to the mirrorless, I've rented the r6II and it's been fine, though would like to know if the difference between it and the R3 is similar as compared to the 1D and the 5D series, or if the R6II is just the R3 minus the vertical grip, not taking into account the viewfinder and other feature sets.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Yes, similar functionally, but different.  Primarily, the R6 mkII's AF shares some of the AF characteristics of the R3, but not its Eye Control AF.  So you'll get enhanced subject stickiness on the R62, but not the absolute focus where you are looking like the R3.

You can search for side by side comparison to get an idea about the other similarities and differences between specs.  How it feels in your hand, etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. I'm actually looking for the differences in the fit and feel of the cameras as opposed to their photo capabilities which are readily available on the web, though haven't been able to find anything relating to my question relating to their physical handling and haptics.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I find the R3 to be nearly the same as my 1DX. Close enough I feel at home with one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements