cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question. Problem with Canon Rebel T6s (760D). Weird Error 01 behavior.

ArK88
Apprentice

Few days ago, got a used Canon Rebel T6s (760D) since mine broke last October. I have an EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lens that was sometimes giving the error code 01 "Communication between the camera lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts". But now after putting the lens on the newly bought camera it gives this code LITERALLY every other shot. If the last shot was fine, the next will have this code. If the last shot wasn't taken with this error code, the next one will be fine. Literally like that with no exceptions. Other lenses work fine. Did anyone have the issue like that with any other Canon cameras / lenses? Would that be a camera software fault or still the problem with the lens contacts? If anyone has any idea.

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sounds like a lens problem.

Hi and welcome:
If, as you suggest, the error occurs only with this lens and others work fine, then I can only support what my colleague Keith indicates: that you have a lens issue.  The error code is a fairly generic one, so if you have carefully cleaned the contacts with something like isopropyl, then the issue lies elsewhere in the lens.   It sounds like you need to have a chat with a service tech - in the US call 800-ok-Canon to do so. 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements