cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos edited in Zoombrowser/Digital Photo Professional become over-saturated

srdamodaran
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm new to using Zoombrowser and having an issue with over-saturated photos.

I edited a photo in ZB and while in the software the photo looks like the way I took it. 

Normal.jpg

But when I export the photo, it comes out more saturated even though I didn't make any changes. 

This has happened to other photos also, so it can't be a one-time accident..

I've read online that this might be an issue with "color-space" but I don't know how to change it.

I've been using sRGB on the Camera and ZB...what else should I check?

Also, this happens with Digital Photo Professional also.

Normal.jpg

Thanks.

Raj.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Are you using two different programs to view your photos? Like DPP and Windows Viewer? Or maybe Facebook?

If so it can be nothing more than the different viewers.

All consumer monitors available are sRGB, not 100% but very nearly so that is not the issue.

Once exported from DPP and brought back up in DPP, do you still see a big difference?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi,

Yes, I am using different viewers...in ZoomBrowser/DPP the photo looks ok...in Windows Viewer/Facebook the photo comes out over-saturated.

I thought it might be an issue with the different viewers...but when I was using Lightroom to edit, there wasn't this much of a difference...so I thought I'd ask.

I don't see a difference when I export from DPP and bring it back up on DPP.  But, I'd like to be sure the exported photo will look (for the most part) the way it looked before I export...at least on my computer.

Any chance I need to calibrate my monitor or play around with settings in ZoomBrowser/DPP?

Thanks for your questions and suggestions.

Raj

This is one of the pitfalls of computers, monitors and software. Everybody has their idea of what is should be.

I, as a professional photographer, am concerned about this anomaly because more and more of my clients want digital media instead of printed photos which I solely control.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements