cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password suddenly needed to connect EOS Rebel T7 to phone

vreed
Apprentice

Usually my phone automatically connects to my camera's wifi when I change it to the appropriate wifi in my phone settings (i.e., MEEN etc).  Now it is asking for a password! I never set it up with a password, it would just connect automatically.  I deleted the app and started over, no change.  Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vreed,

I had the same problem connecting my camera to my iPhone a while ago.  It had probably been 2 or 3 IOS updates since I last used CameraConnect.  Neither the hardware (phone or camera) had changed since I last used CameraConnect.  Deleting CameraConnect on the phone and reinstalling it did not solve the problem.

After going through the manual and doing a Google search, I found something that worked with my iPhone but have no way of knowing if it will work with an android phone.  

Here are the steps (to the best of my recollection):

1. Clear all WiFi settings.  Steps:  Navigate to the WiFi Menu, Enable W-Fi NFC, press "Disp" to get to General sett. and press “Clear Wi-Fi Settings”.   That deleted “SET1” that contains the connection information including the password that the connects the camera to the phone.
  2. Then mate the camera with the phone again per the instruction in the manual thereby creating a new SET1.  That made CameraConnect work again.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vreed,

I had the same problem connecting my camera to my iPhone a while ago.  It had probably been 2 or 3 IOS updates since I last used CameraConnect.  Neither the hardware (phone or camera) had changed since I last used CameraConnect.  Deleting CameraConnect on the phone and reinstalling it did not solve the problem.

After going through the manual and doing a Google search, I found something that worked with my iPhone but have no way of knowing if it will work with an android phone.  

Here are the steps (to the best of my recollection):

1. Clear all WiFi settings.  Steps:  Navigate to the WiFi Menu, Enable W-Fi NFC, press "Disp" to get to General sett. and press “Clear Wi-Fi Settings”.   That deleted “SET1” that contains the connection information including the password that the connects the camera to the phone.
  2. Then mate the camera with the phone again per the instruction in the manual thereby creating a new SET1.  That made CameraConnect work again.

Good luck!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!! It worked!!!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements