cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oversaturated Canon CR3 rendering on Apple apps under macOS / iOS

sekok
Apprentice

Hi, for general information I'm cross posting here my findings about an issue I've discovered about the way CR3 RAW files are rendered on APple's apps running on macOS and iOS platforms with current releases, after discovering that my EOS90D CR3 files are displayed oversaturated on Apple apps, but looks correct with other programs, including Canon's own.

To x-check the issue I downloaded from dpreview test pictures shot with Canon cameras which generate CR3 RAW, such as e.g. Canon R5 and Canon R6 in addition to my 90D.  I than tested Apple Photo.app and apple Preview.app rendering against Canon's own utility "Digital Photo Professional 4".  CR3 pictures from all three camera are shown oversaturated, particularly in the greens, although to a different degree. The 90D being the worse off, the R5 falling in between and the R6 being the most faithful out of the three, but still slightly off.

Here's the thread I've initiated on Apple's forum, with further details and some contributions, if anybody should be interested.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254754133

Cheers,

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements