cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rebel T6

jnut14
Apprentice

Hey everyone i recenetly bought a rebel t6 and i am trying to connect it to my macbook to download the pictures and my computer does read the camera but the canon software doesn't.i have disabled the wifi already and it still doesnt read it. any tips on how i can get the software to read my camera.

i am running Mac Os Mojave 10.14.3 if that helps !!!

1 REPLY 1

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello jnut14,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The Rebel T6 should definitely be able to transfer images via USB to your Mac running Mojave using EOS Utility or the built-in utility of your computer (Image Capture).

In this situation I recommend running the latest EOS Utility download (3.10.20) from our website HERE to make sure the most up to date version is installed. Once the EOS Utility download has been run, connect the camera to your computer via USB and power it on.

If EOS Utility is still unable to recognize the camera make sure it is being connected directly to a USB port on the computer and not through a USB hub or adapter to another type of port on the computer.

If the issue continues and this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements