cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My t3i camera was recognized by each version of windows prior to windows 10. Win 10, NOT🇺🇸

atuk02
Contributor

Windows 10 does not recognize my T3i so it is not possible to use with astrophotography software previously working in any version of windows prior to windows 10.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  One clue that may help is that no Canon software is required on any astronomy software and the camera worked great prior to windows 10.

Thank you, and good luck with windows 10.

5 REPLIES 5

@atuk02 wrote:

Windows 10 does not recognize my T3i so it is not possible to use with astrophotography software previously working in any version of windows prior to windows 10.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  One clue that may help is that no Canon software is required on any astronomy software and the camera worked great prior to windows 10.

Thank you, and good luck with windows 10.

If Canon didn't write the astronomy software, who did? Who, if anyone, is maintaining it now? Every version of windows breaks something, which then has to be brought up to date. Whoever does it will almost certainly not be Microsoft, and in this case it could hardly be Canon. So wherever your inquiry should be directed, it probably isn't this forum.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob, Boston USA
I may have misled in my quest to get Canon recognized by Win 10, before any software is involved, the camera needs to be recognized and displayed in the device list, which it is but with an exclamation mark. I will keep researching and let the forum hear if an answer becomes available.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Does the T3i show up in Windows Explorer?  If it does Win 10 does indeed see the camera.

I have Win 10 and it sees my older 1Ds Mk III.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The T3i is not displayed in windows explorer, good check though. I noticed in Win XP that the camera is displayed as a Rebel T3i and has no exclamation mark. The camera worked in windows 8.1 also, and I was able to take photos of the sky and see them on my notebook. Always a new challenge when upgrading operating systems.

Change Communication type of your Rebel to PTP. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements