cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon EOS M2 Won't Update

Grovenunder
Apprentice

I got My M2 a week ago and noticed that the firmware was out of date I followed the steps, but every time I try to update it the screen goes black and the LED flashes green. I've checked if I had the right firmware and it seems to be right. https://asia.canon/en/support/0400541002 

What should I be doing to stop this?

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome:

Just to confirm, when you downloaded the file you expanded that out to a generate a file with a .FIR extension?

The recommended thing to do is to copy that .FIR file to a cleanly formatted SD card, insert that into the camera, turn it on and go to the appropriate option in the menu system.  When you select to upgrade the camera should search for the FIR file in the ROOT directory of the SD card and will perform the firmware update.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I have done all the above but when I click Ok on the Update Firmware screen, The screen turns black and the led flashes green

Announcements