cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie format not supported for EOS 1500D

omg1
Apprentice
I have bought Cannon EOS 1500D and shot some videos from it, I want to transfer those videos from the camera to my android phone but as per the steps given online and the manual I had to download the Cannon Camera connect app and then follow up.

I did all the steps but when I clicked on download, it said video format not supported. The format was '.mov'. I want to transfer those video files from my Cannon EOS 1500D, so, I followed all of the tutorials online but none of them worked. The problem is also that I do not have any sd card reader or any device which can access a sd card as well as I don't have any cables that can connect my camera with any devices with wires.

So please answer my question as I want these video files as fast I you can.
5 REPLIES 5

omg1
Apprentice
I have a Cannon EOS 1500D but I am not able to transfer video files from my camera to my android phone as the app says ' Video format not supported' so

1. Is there any other way to transfer .mov files to phone or desktop wirelessly?

2. Is there any way to shoot files in MP4 or any other format which is supported by the app(Cannon Camera Connect) in the camera itself?

I think you need to buy a cable.

omg1
Apprentice
Which cable would work and how? What are the softwares to be downloaded?

Also I thought to shoot videos from my device while connected to the camera wirelessly but the Canon software does not support shooting videos from it.

I don't know for android. For the computer you need USB-A to mini-USB.

Juan754
Apprentice

@LiteBlue wrote:
I have bought Cannon EOS 1500D and shot some videos from it, I want to transfer those videos from the camera to my android phone but as per the steps given online and the manual I had to download the Cannon Camera connect app and then follow up.

I did all the steps but when I clicked on download, it said video format not supported. The format was '.mov'. I want to transfer those video files from my Cannon EOS 1500D, so, I followed all of the tutorials online but none of them worked. The problem is also that I do not have any sd card reader or any device which can access a sd card as well as I don't have any cables that can connect my camera with any devices with wires.

So please answer my question as I want these video files as fast I you can.

I have a Canon Rebel T6 and I have done everything from downloading multiple apps, different mobile devices, and etc. Nothing seems to work, I am having trouble with videos. Everytime I try to download a video onto my phone with the Canon Connect app it just tells me "Movie Format Not Supported" Please I need information ASAP.

Announcements