cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Card "No Image" but can read it on computer (70D)

Vienna
Apprentice

Hi

Yesterday hooked up the 70D to a ProAm HDMI monitor. Over night, with camera off, I had monitor hooked into DC charging

monitor battery. And there does seem to be some sort of issue with the monitor battery retaining charge.

This morning the memory card says "No Image" on playback.

San Disk Extreme Pro 280mb/s UHSII 32GB.

I realize that this is not an optimum card for the 70D.

I can however plug the card into my MacBook Pro and all the videos are there.

I tried to read the card in a second 70D and got the same result - no image.

I haven't tried to record for fear will record over existing shots.

Any thoughts?

All my other memory cards read as usual.

Thanks, Vienna

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority
Put your files on the computer and low level format the SD card in the camera. Maybe everything goes to normal again after that.

Thanks Peter. Interestingly SanDisk says the same, but to format on the computer.

I am just concerned that I am causing this somehow with the monitor setup..

It looks like I will just have to go ahead, shoot,  and see if it happens again.....

Best....

What I understand low level format in the camera also removes bad sectors. Compact flash cards have another thingy to remove bad sectors. That´s why you can´t do a low level format in Canon cameras using Compact flash.

I always low level format my SD cards in my camera. The price I pay for doing that instead of a fast format is shorter life time for my SD card and that I will not be able to recover pictures from the SD card. A fast format just removes the file catalog. That´s why tools like Photorec works to bring back pictures from a deleted card.

I have had one problem with an Eye-Fi card. It worked in my X100 but not in my Canon. Then I did a low level format in the computer (much longer time than in a Canon camera) It helped.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements