cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark IV frozen

Pedritod
Apprentice

Good day everyone! I m new in this forum, this is my first post, so thank you for taking your time to read my lines.

My Mark IV is not working fine, various lenses not being read, it shows 00 instead of the max aperture. When I turn the camera on, it takes a while to display info, and the shooter doesnt work. The batteries are draining and the camera is frozen. The Update version for the software is the latest one. Please bear in mind I dont remember exactly the date of purchase. DId anyone with a similar camera suffer the same issue? Thanks in advance for your guidance and support. 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is a "Mark IV"?  Canon has released more than one camera body with the description.  It sounds like you may need to it off to Canon Repair Center.  Call 1-800-OK-CANON.

But, try this before you do.  Remove the battery, lens, and anything else connected to the camera.  [Turn on the camera, yup without the battery installed.]  Press and hold the [SHUTTER] fully pressed for at least 10 seconds.  On camera bodies without a user replaceable clock battery, this should completely reset the camera, including the time and date, and everything else in the memory.

Insert a fully charged battery.  Make sure it is a genuine Canon battery, too.  Turn the camera [on], and see if it is back to normal operation.  If that "reset" did not fix the camera, then your camera needs service at a repair center.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Pedritod
Apprentice
Thank you very very much for this tip Kudo! I will try and let you know. Sorry about my lack of clarity,,it’s a 5d mark iv, full frame digital camera.

Pedritod
Apprentice
Do you also have any tips to recognize a genuine battery? Because that was the label of it when I bought it as a second one. Thank you again

@Pedritod wrote:
Do you also have any tips to recognize a genuine battery? Because that was the label of it when I bought it as a second one. Thank you again

Batteries have changed slightly in the last few years.  As long as you purchase them from a reputable, factory authorized Canon dealer, you should be GOOD to go!  

Just be careful of buying stuff in the Amazon Marketplace.  When they list dealers for a given product, one or more may not be actual factory authorized dealers, and may even claim to be one, too.  Amazon itself is factory authorized.  

BTW, I sort of figured that you had the 5D4.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements