cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom / Lens correction / vignette / New Camera

Smatthews
Apprentice

I have just upgraded from canon R50 to an R8 - I always shoot RAW & am using a tamron 18-400mm lens with an adapter as I already had the lens from another EF camera...

In lightroom it has always applied lens correction automatically and its been fine.

My first batch of photo's taken on the new camera now has large vignetting on every image when imported into LR. The previews do not have it.

On the R50 lens correction was turned on however on the R8 it says cannot correct, no data. I was under the impression this didn't matter as I shoot raw anyhow?

Adobe have said it is an on camera issue, I think its a lightroom issue...

I am able to turn the vignetting down in LR using the lens correction settings but when processing thousands of images, I didn't want to have to do that... 

Can anyone offer any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You upgraded from an APS-C sensor to a full frame sensor.  Your Tamron lens is designed for crop sensor cameras. This means the image circle the lens projects is too small to fully cover a full frame sensor. 

If the R8 has a crop mode, then you need to enable it when using the lens. Your image resolution will be reduced because the entire image sensor is not being used. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You upgraded from an APS-C sensor to a full frame sensor.  Your Tamron lens is designed for crop sensor cameras. This means the image circle the lens projects is too small to fully cover a full frame sensor. 

If the R8 has a crop mode, then you need to enable it when using the lens. Your image resolution will be reduced because the entire image sensor is not being used. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you! The camera settings have it as cropped - and the issue is resolved with lens correction switched off in Lightroom but I believe this is permission to upgrade my lens 😏

thanks mate 

Announcements