cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image review glitch

metroshane
Apprentice

I was shooting with my 6D (several years old) and I took a card out and put a new one in (always formatting).  When I did this the 2 second preview was fine.  But upon image review there was a small grey square of pixels (5% of total frame) in the lower left side of the lcd.  I pulled the card and downloaded the image and it was fine.  So I put a new card in, formatted, and it did the same thing.  Put a 3rd card in, same.  The only way I would get it to stop was to "reset to factory settings" everytime I put in a new card.  After a few times of having to do this...the problem stopped.  I've tried recreating it so I can figure out what's going on and it's not doing it anymore.  That part's great, but I'm worried something is about to break.  Anyone had this problem before?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@metroshanewrote:

I was shooting with my 6D (several years old) and I took a card out and put a new one in (always formatting).  When I did this the 2 second preview was fine.  But upon image review there was a small grey square of pixels (5% of total frame) in the lower left side of the lcd.  I pulled the card and downloaded the image and it was fine.  So I put a new card in, formatted, and it did the same thing.  Put a 3rd card in, same.  The only way I would get it to stop was to "reset to factory settings" everytime I put in a new card.  After a few times of having to do this...the problem stopped.  I've tried recreating it so I can figure out what's going on and it's not doing it anymore.  That part's great, but I'm worried something is about to break.  Anyone had this problem before?

A “new” card does not necessarily mean it is a “good” card.  What brand, size, and type of cards?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Put a 3rd card in, same."

Are these good high quality SD cards?  Bargin basement cards are not a good choice.  And, you do, do a low level format?

And, and you do it in the camera not on your computer?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sorry, by "new" I meant "fresh".  Cards I've had for a while.  I format everytime from the camera.  By the way, it's stopped doing it, which is good.  I'm just afraid it's going to go down sometime soon.

"I'm just afraid it's going to go down sometime soon.'

I hear ya. I would be too.  Get new Sandisk or Lexar or Transend cards and ditch those you have.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements