cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I connected my EOS rebel T6 camera before installing the software, what can i do to fix this? HELP

veronicagaribay
Apprentice

I hadn't read the instructions for the software process and it said i should never plug in the camera before installing because then it wouldn't install right and now i don't know how to fix it; an answer would really save my life, please help me! what should i do?

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Just go ahead an install the software from the included CD.

After installation connect camera and check everything. If a particular software doesn't work get back to us.

Be sure to let us know what computer operating system (Windows or Mac) you are usimg.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Don't worry. You might not even need the supplied software, especially if you have a Mac.

Maybe do a System Restore to a point prior to when you first connected your camera to the computer...?Smiley Frustrated

What would a system restore do? She hasn't mentioned any problems, just that she plugged the camera in before installing software.

@kvbarkley wrote:

What would a system restore do? She hasn't mentioned any problems, just that she plugged the camera in before installing software.

Perhaps nothing. But since she's already plugged in the camera I assumed it may have altered some settings and been recognized by her computer. My thinking was that things might go more smoothly when installing the Canon software disk if done with the computer in it's previous condition. And I assume there would be no harm doing a system restore first.

Edit to add:

I think I see where I might have created some confusion. My thought was that it might be worth doing a system restore before installing the Canon software disk and then installing the camera. Not that doing just the system restore would correct any issues she might have had with the camera. Sorry for being a bit vague. Smiley Embarassed

veronicagaribay
Apprentice

I'm really thankfull for all of your answers, for now I've found a temporary solution using a different computer but I still haven't figured out how to install it on mine. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply, if you ever come up with a solution I would be really gratefull if you guys could share it and if I were to find one I would do so as well, thanks again!

Can you be more clear with your question Veronica so we can be of more help?

Are you saying that since you connected your camera to the computer before installing the software that now you cannot install the software on that computer?

What operating system are you using?

Does anything happen when you connect camera and switch it on?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am having this same issue... using Windows 10. I connected my camera to the computer before installing the softward, but thn I disconnected it and inserted the CD. When I try to run the software, it asks for the admin password, but when I enter the password nothing happens. Any assistance in installing this software so that I can transfer my pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Does the software disc state that it's compatible with Windows10? If it doesn't, oe even if it does, there may be a newer version of the software available for download from the Canon website.

I still stick with my previous suggestion to try a System Restore to Win10, hopefully from a date prior to when you first connected yoiur camera. That's where I'd start. Even if it doesn't fix your problem it will do no harm. Always start with the cheap and easy stuff, I figure.

Announcements