cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change AF point quickly on 7d mark II?

oldschool
Contributor

Hi guys

I heard that there is a quick way on 7D mark II to move AF points with the AF ARE SELECTION LEVER, without having to press the AF POINT BUTTON first. I went to my customs controls, and change the last setting on the right, but still I have to pass by the AF point button. So basically what I'm trying to accomplish here is to be able to change my AF points with only one operation, instead of two.

Thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

You might find that info here.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/tutorials/eos7dmarkii_tutorials.shtml

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks anyway Cicopo,

But they don't quite explain how to do it, if of course this can be one.

No. You have to wake the camera up.  

On the top right side of the LCD side of the camera there are three buttons.  Press the far right of the three and toggle with the new designed button just below and to the left of the three.  Refer to page 93 of the owners manual for more info.

Or you can program your multicontroller to move the AF points around and the AF lever to select different AF types single, expanded, zone. Both only require one button to operate.

Press teh Q button to get to the Q screen. it is the camera icon. Last two buttoms on the right column. Custom controls page 445.

I misread your original question. I thought wre talking about the shutter button when the camera goes to sieep. Sorry about that.       

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements