cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to replace the shutter for the Canon 6D?

Trance
Apprentice

I heard some place online said the cost for replace shutter for Canon 5D Mark 2 is about $250, and someone else mentioned to replace the shutter for Canon 6D is about $150.

Can anyone here tell how much is it cost to replace the shutter for canon 6D from Canon Serivce?

thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend

Two questions?

You have a 6D that needs a shutter already?

You have a 6D and it is not still under warranty?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!

TCampbell
Elite

As ebiggs has already hinted... it would be extremely surprising if a shutter on a 6D has already failed given the number of shutter activations that these things are rated to take (it would normally take a very active photography many years to wear out a shutter and a casual photographer would be unlikely to ever wear out a shutter.)

This makes me wonder why you think your shutter has failed.   Perhaps there is a different issue that might be more easily remedied.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Macropod
Apprentice

My shutter gave out.  I take thousands of images a day because I do use the photostcaking technique.  Did you ever find out how much this cost?  I sent my body in today to get repaired and i haven't heard an estimate yet.  I'm a little worried.

I just got mine replaced on my Canon 6d. $254 after $84 in discounts because I'm a CPS member (Canon Professional Services).
Announcements