cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I trun the Histogram off?

Artvein9
Apprentice

Visited the camera shop over this past weekend. The person helping me turned the Histogram on so after a shot is taken, this is displayed. How do I turn this setting off to display the shot I have just taken? The manual is no help in solving this problem.

Artvein9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skirball
Authority

Press play to see the photo/histogram, then the info button to cycle through the options.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Skirball
Authority

Press play to see the photo/histogram, then the info button to cycle through the options.

ken51501
Apprentice
Exactly the info I needed.

nwctrader
Contributor

Okay, so I clicked the little arrow pointing right (Playback button) & it said "This function is not selectable in current shooting mode" --I was on Auto Mode.

So I tried P Mode & Manual Mode & then the Play button took me to choose either AF Mode.  Huh? 

So either there is some other PLAY button unmarked on my T3 or else mine does not work?

Switch to live view and play back your last photo.  Press the little INFO button twice.  This returns your live view to picture only.

Nope, that doesn't work nor what I needed. I want to turn off the histogram blocking half of my screen so I can't even frame the photo. Anyone?

@nwctrader wrote:
Nope, that doesn't work nor what I needed. I want to turn off the histogram blocking half of my screen so I can't even frame the photo. Anyone?

Your camera sounds like it needs to be repaired.  But, judging from the age of it, Canon may no longer support repairs on that model.  Besides, a repair will likely cost more than buying a used Rebel, like a T5.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

lol   So I take it you don't know how either.  Anyone else?

OK, I called Canon support & there is no INFO button on the T3.  The 'DISP.' button is the one you have to press several times while in live mode to remove the histogram.  No need to press play either.

Announcements