cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Set Up a Bluetooth Remote on the R7

mmills79
Contributor

The manual (and a couple of videos) state that there are basically two things you need to do to set up the BRC1 remote to work with the R7:
1) Pair the Remote (go to wireless menu:   airplane mode: off;  Bluetooth settings: enable;  Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connection: select a device for connection AND on the remote hold down the "W" & "T" buttons until paired).
I've successfully paired the remote to the camera and I can see that in the settings.
2) In the Camera menu (screen 7) change "Drive Mode" to either Self Timer:10sec/remote or 2sec/remote
I did that....

The remote doesn't work after paired and the Drive Mode is properly set; I've tried two different remotes.
Any ideas why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mmills79
Contributor

Update: the remote has a 3 position switch on it's side. The positions are "Rec", "2S", and "S".
You select "REC" when you want to start/stop/focus video. In the camera menu, in addition to setting up Bluetooth and pairing, there is also a menu item to enable the remote when doing video.
You select "2S" or "S" for stills. "2S" is used for delayed shutter release whilst "S" is for instantaneous release.

I close the topic and hope this is helpful info for everyone using the remote.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am not familiar with the BRC1.

Might you be referring to the BR-E1?

"The remote doesn't work"..  means what exactly.  Doesn't focus, doesn't release the shutter, doesn't start/stop video recording. 

In stills mode, the shutter will not release unless focus is achieved.

br-e1-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

https://cam.start.canon/en/C005/manual/html/UG-07_Network_0100.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mmills79
Contributor

You are correct, my typo, I meant the BR-E1.

To clarify, the BR-E1 won't trigger the shutter for stills and/or won't start video (I use back button focus and the camera is focused). Basically, no remote functionality what so ever - the remote is paired to the camera (or at least it says it is).

mmills79
Contributor

Update: the remote has a 3 position switch on it's side. The positions are "Rec", "2S", and "S".
You select "REC" when you want to start/stop/focus video. In the camera menu, in addition to setting up Bluetooth and pairing, there is also a menu item to enable the remote when doing video.
You select "2S" or "S" for stills. "2S" is used for delayed shutter release whilst "S" is for instantaneous release.

I close the topic and hope this is helpful info for everyone using the remote.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements