cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Record In Mp4 On Canon 7d EOS

P2skater1
Contributor

My 7d eos records video in the .mov format and it is unviewable on my android phone (LG G4) after I move the video files over from the cameras sd card to my phone. I have to use an app that converts videos from .mov to .mp4, but it makes the videos fuzzy and lowers the overall sharpness and quality. Any advice/help on how I can get the clean videos onto my phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@P2skater1 wrote:
What program do you recommend?

You have already been asked if you use the Canon application.  Not the EOS Utility, but the Movie Utility, which requires that you use a computer.  

You have no idea what you are doing, nor what you are talking about.  You are trying to mate two different generations of technology, an older camera and a late model smart phone.  You have a camera that pre-dates SD cards and today’s wireless technology.  In the other hand, you have a smart phone that thinks your camera is a dinosaur, which it is.

Even if you were handy dandy with electronics, you would have a hard time trying to jury rig something together.  Give up on the idea of making a direct connection to your smart phone with a camera that does not know what wireless even means.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you using the Canon App?

P2skater1
Contributor
I tried the canon app, but my camera doesn't have Wi-Fi connection (at least I don't think). Is there a way to connect my phone and camera via a wire?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your problem appears to be with the conversion application that you are using to convert mp4 to mov.

P2skater1
Contributor

@P2skater1 wrote:

You have already been asked if you use the Canon application.  Not the EOS Utility, but the Movie Utility, which requires that you use a computer.  

You have no idea what you are doing, nor what you are talking about.  You are trying to mate two different generations of technology, an older camera and a late model smart phone.  You have a camera that pre-dates SD cards and today’s wireless technology.  In the other hand, you have a smart phone that thinks your camera is a dinosaur, which it is.

Even if you were handy dandy with electronics, you would have a hard time trying to jury rig something together.  Give up on the idea of making a direct connection to your smart phone with a camera that does not know what wireless even means.

Hi, Waddizzle and P2skater1!

We'd love to keep the Canon Community Forum a friendly place where polite, civilized conversations occur, and we would appreciate it if you would each please do your part to keep that dynamic going.

Thanks!

@Danny wrote:

Hi, Waddizzle and P2skater1!

We'd love to keep the Canon Community Forum a friendly place where polite, civilized conversations occur, and we would appreciate it if you would each please do your part to keep that dynamic going.

Thanks!

I have been civilized.

[EDIT]  My post was not the one that needed to be deleted.  Do not hold me responsible for the actions of others.

Announcements