cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - pictures missing

Sloant31
Apprentice

Hi! I have the Canon Rebel T7 and I take pictures at my son's baseball tournaments. Between games today I downloaded the pictures to my phone as usual, but when they were downloaded I did not click ok "open photo app" but assumed they would be there. I then erased my memory card because it was getting full and I wanted to make sure I had room for the next game. Well the pictures are not in my photo app and I don't know where to find them, or if they're just gone. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Were you using the Canon Connect App for connection and download?

Typically the images you select for download display and a progress indicator displays the transfer as they are happening.  Even the auto transfer option displays progress.

If you formatted the card and started taking images again, the probability of recovery diminishes as the space previous being used for image storage is marked 'free" and new images can begin to overwrite where the erased images were previously stored.  

By chance are you using folders on the card and storing images across different folders?  Not sure about the T7, just asking to be thorough. 

You can try using a data recovery application.  Your success might depend on whether or not the space has been overwritten or not.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was using Camera Connect. And the images finished downloading, said images saved. Usually I click open photo app at this point but I didn't this time but if it said they were saved so they should be somewhere?

Sloan31,

What kind of phone are you using?

If it's an Android, you should be able to go to My Files, and look in the Downloads Folder. I don't have an Apple, so I don't know how they handle it. Maybe someone who Hasan IPhone can help.

Could I offer a suggestion?

Get another SD card for your camera to use as a spare. They can hold a lot more data than your phone can, and unless you have an immediate need to share your photos with someone else, having another card will give you the time to wait until you get back home to do any downloading.

Steve Thomas

click here to view the gallery
Announcements