cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[★HELP★] 700D / T5i Freezes during live view.

chois
Apprentice

I have had this camera for 2 years. Today when I was recording video, it froze. 

After that, whenever I go into live view mode, it freezes. 

Any help please??

IMG_1378.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Have you tried it with a different fully charged battery? I suppose it's conceivable that you might get something like that if the battery's voltage were a little low.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for your reply. Hmm, I just tried putting in another battery. It isn't fully charged, and the camera freezes again. It can take picture but whenever I try anything that involve live view, it freezes right away. 😞

@chois wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Hmm, I just tried putting in another battery. It isn't fully charged, and the camera freezes again. It can take picture but whenever I try anything that involve live view, it freezes right away. 😞

Could be something wrong in the LV circuitry. If a full factory reset doesn't cure it, it's probably time to contact Canon.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

The camera started acting awkwardly few days ago, I have a brand new SD card, it shows at least 20mb/s write speed. It will stop automatically while recording video. Usually, that will only happen with the SD card isn't fast enough. But when I switch it to a slower SD card, the problem is gone.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements