cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a surprise at McKay's Books

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

The wife and I stopped to browse through this used books store. We got some books and as we were going to the checkout line,  I noticed of the cashiers counting a bit of cash and change. There were three small cylindrical objects on the counter but couldn't see exactly what they were. An inquiry said they were camera lenses which didn't fit the customer's camera. Asking where the photo items were, he pointed to a counter area along the side wall. A couple of older model video cameras, cases, etc. What caught my eye was a Canon EOS 50D, body only for $209.95. Hmmm. Only thing would be lack of warranty, etc. Surprised they had photo items plus music instruments.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
4 REPLIES 4

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Didn't consider it. Still trying to learn all about my T7.

John

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

As I said, I didn't consider it but would inquire here before buying any used photographic equipment. My father was in business with a fellow who said, "What might look like a bargain today might not be a bargain tomorrow." BTW, he died a multimillionaire.

John

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The surprise would be is if you spent $210 bucks for a 15 year old used 50D which is just a gussied up 40D. I have seen 50D's go for a hundred to $150 bucks. But, if you could get it for a more reasonable price and it is in great working shape it would be a nice compliment to your entry level T7. The 50D or any of the XXD line is a really good intermediate step-up from beginner models like the T7.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

PaulGordon
Apprentice

Really, I didn't know that before.

Announcements