Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Singapore for a week

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hey everyone, 

Next Tuesday 8-3-24 I'll be flying to Singapore for a week and  hopefully I'll get some good photos. However with the humidity being 80% plus and prospects of rain 🌧..  I decided to take my M50 Mark II, EF-M 15-45mm and EF-M 50-200mm lenses along with a few bags of silica gel in my camera bag 😆   After reading Trevor's answers to a post on, "in camera corrosion" it made me think twice 🤔   

Thanks Trevor  ! 😊 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Well... I didn't mean to spook you out of enjoying your vacation photos! 

If you are there in the really wet season there might be some small risk, but given you seem pretty careful with your gear, as long as you don't subject it to actual rain, and maybe keep a gel pack in your camera bag, as you suggest I would not be in too much risk. Most hotels have aircon, so you should be ok in there.  If you have a good camera bag with a rain cover you should be OK on trips out, especially if you stay under cover when its raining.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements