cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos 450D problems - save and funktions

Edward905
Apprentice

Just bought an Eos 450D, the seller said that it was "as new", and so it looked. I got it via mail and first thing I do is to wipe it clean (reset the camera, format the SD card and dry wipe the body). Now after testing it I run into some problems: 

1st: it only take photos normally in the automatic modes (auto, portrait, landscape, sport...), in the manual modes it takes forever for it to process/take the photos. No matter if the shutter is 1/4000 or 4"; it will take it about 10-20s to open-close aka. take a photo. 

2nd. it wont save/store pictures taken in the manual modes. I thought it was the memorycard, so I tested it i my computer, worked flawless. So I tried out a multiple SD-cards I knew worked, the problem stands for 450D. 

Anyone that can help solve/explain the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is mirror lock up on?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you need to return it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You know this is a very old Rebel? It isn't a good candidate for repair and there are lots of them out there. Not good to spend any time or money on a faulty one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is mirror lock up on?

kvbarkley, I dont know how you could guess that from a so far fetched problem, but enormous THANKS!! 

Do you happen to know why it wont save if I wait "too" long to take a picture with lockup - enable?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

because it takes two shutter presses to take a picture when mirror lockup is on

Announcements