cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS SL3 ?

TIGMAN
Apprentice

Hello All,

I am new at all of this . Is there a way I can add date and time stamp to my photos on my new 

EOS SL3 camera ? 

THANKS in advance for any help.

TIGMAN 

8 REPLIES 8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I don't think you can; at least not in the camera (just skimmed the manual).

Typically, this is a feature on more point-and-shoot style cameras.

Having said that, the date & time is captured as metadata for the images you capture.  If you really need that info overlayed on the images themselves, that would need to be done in software.  I don't think that's a feature though in at least Adobe Lightroom.  Possible that a custom batch script in Photoshop could do it.

There may also be Lightroom or Photoshop plugins (or plugins for other image processing applications).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for the info.I sort of thought that was the work around...

TIGMAN 

This is a feature that has disappeared from most cameras, much to the consternation of insurance adjusters everywhere. There are programs you can get that can do this for you.

I don't use Canon's DPP4 or ImageBrowser EX but I think they can add the date stamp upon import. Images appended with Date Stamps will be saved as separate files so you may have to look for them.  Like I said I don't use either very often so I urge you th check these out.  One reason is they are free from Canon and come with your SL3.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I do use LR and PS, if you are looking to place Date and Time Text on the image itself I don't think that is possible with LR.

There might be a plug-in for LR that does add it.

EB

In PS you can add any text you want to.  Read the EXIF and type it in as a text or watermark. I would use layers for any text or watermarks.

EB

Thanks very much for your reply and info...

TIGMAN 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

We advise customers not adjust clocks for Dayloght Savings Time.  It is better to leave the clocks alone.  Let them run GMT year round. 

Once you start adjusting for DST, now you need an ISO-900x certified procedure for doing so.  You need personnel who have been trained in adjusting the time.  Once you go into a court, you need to produce all of this documentation.  #KISS. Just leave time alone, let it be the same year round.  DONE!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements