cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XT How to update firmware

-Ivy
Apprentice

I have a digital rebel xt and its firmware is 1.0.1. How do I improve/update/ install new firmware on the camera?

15 REPLIES 15

do you still have the 1.0.3 firmware update for rebel xt?

Send me a PM with your email.

I would like to get the firmware update version 1.0.3 for Rebel XT.

How do I PM you?  I very much appreciate your help. 

Thank You

Look for the envelope symbol on the top right of the screen, just beside your avatar.  Or point to the word Peter by his avatar, click and it to display his persona page and on the right is a bug red button that will offer you the chance to send a message.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you don't have a specific reason to update the FW, you should not attempt it. Find out what was updated in the latest FW and see if it is something you need.  It is highly likely it is not.  If you screw up the installation the camera will become useless and I doubt Canon services them any longer. 

A FW fix that has no barring on what you do will not make the camera work any better than it does. Sometimes it is just a  language that has beed added, etc.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

If you don't have a specific reason to update the FW, you should not attempt it. Find out what was updated in the latest FW and see if it is something you need.  It is highly likely it is not.  If you screw up the installation the camera will become useless and I doubt Canon services them any longer. 

A FW fix that has no barring on what you do will not make the camera work any better than it does. Sometimes it is just a  language that has beed added, etc.

As it happens, I did screw up a firmware update on an XT, and Canon fixed it for me under warranty. (It was very long ago.) I was trying to follow the (complex and somewhat vague) instructions for doing it without using a card reader. I agree with Ernie that you probably shouldn't attempt that. But doing it with a card reader is dead easy. I don't think I'd hesitate to try it.

Come to think of it, the camera I was trying to update was an XTi. But I doubt that there's any significant difference.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements