cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 remote compatibility

sweetasjesus77
Apprentice

hi im thinking of buying the canon EOS rebel t7 and it says it is remote compatible and i read hear that is not remote compatible can you explain why it says that on best buy description of the full camera 

VANESSA LOPEZ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Vanessa and welcome to the forum:

When considering the purchase of something as complex as a camera, I always suggest getting access to a PDF copy of the manual - it will normally have all the things you might want to ask.  If you end up purchasing that device, then having access to the manual on your phone or pad can be extremely helpful to look up information. 

In this case, a PDF version is available at the following link: eos-rebelt7-1500d-im2-en.pdf and the answer to your question is found on P271 - which I found by doing a search for the word 'remote'.   To expand on this further:
You can use a wired remote (RS-60E) via a port in the side of the camera.  If, however, you mean a wireless remote, the Rebel T7 does not have that capability.  So, the difference is whether you want wired or wireless.

If you decide to go with the Rebel T7, you might want to look at the following videos to help you get to grips with it:
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1500D, 2000D, Kiss X90) Manual 1: Camera Interface
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1500D, 2000D, Kiss X90) Manual 2: Change Battery, Memory Card, & Shooting Modes
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1500D, 2000D, Kiss X90) Manual 3: Complete Menu Walkthrough

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

The manual is your friend. I have it as a shortcut on my laptop and refer to it frequently. I have a cable remote but found on my A13 Android phone that I can download an app for a wireless remote. So far, never really needed it but will call upon my grandson to help. He works for pizza.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Vanessa and welcome to the forum:

When considering the purchase of something as complex as a camera, I always suggest getting access to a PDF copy of the manual - it will normally have all the things you might want to ask.  If you end up purchasing that device, then having access to the manual on your phone or pad can be extremely helpful to look up information. 

In this case, a PDF version is available at the following link: eos-rebelt7-1500d-im2-en.pdf and the answer to your question is found on P271 - which I found by doing a search for the word 'remote'.   To expand on this further:
You can use a wired remote (RS-60E) via a port in the side of the camera.  If, however, you mean a wireless remote, the Rebel T7 does not have that capability.  So, the difference is whether you want wired or wireless.

If you decide to go with the Rebel T7, you might want to look at the following videos to help you get to grips with it:
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1500D, 2000D, Kiss X90) Manual 1: Camera Interface
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1500D, 2000D, Kiss X90) Manual 2: Change Battery, Memory Card, & Shooting Modes
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1500D, 2000D, Kiss X90) Manual 3: Complete Menu Walkthrough

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

The manual is your friend. I have it as a shortcut on my laptop and refer to it frequently. I have a cable remote but found on my A13 Android phone that I can download an app for a wireless remote. So far, never really needed it but will call upon my grandson to help. He works for pizza.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements