cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Photo Transfer to PC?

nathancrowe75
Apprentice

So I've been trying to find a way to wirelessly transfer the photos from my Rebel T7 over to a PC that I have automatically. I've seen things like wifi SD cards but as far as I can tell, they specifically auto transfer to a phone/tablet and then you have to transfer from that mobile device to a computer. Is there any work around that anyone knows of to expedite this or a set up they use to help the process then that would be great to know!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, nathancrowe75!

I have my Rebel T7i setup using our image.canon service. Check out the features page HERE to learn about how easy and really useful it is. It automatically forwards everything to the cloud (I use Google Photos & Lightroom), and you can download the companion app onto your computer. It will automatically download the images to your computer. Whenever the camera is connected to WiFi (any WiFi you like), it will transfer every image to your chosen service and/or your connected computer. It also stores the images temporarily for 30 days on the Canon cloud (I like to think of it as a safety net). 

It sounds like this might be the solution you're looking for.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I believe your observation that the wireless communications capabilities built into the Rebel T7 are designed for use with smart devices, not computers, is correct.  

You should not feel left out because these forums have plenty of posts from owners of more advanced cameras, which can communicate wirelessly with a computer, complaining about the slow speed of file transfers.  

Use the EOS Utility with a USB data cable or remove the SD card for use with a card reader connected to, or built into, your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

normadel
Authority
Authority

You don't even need EOS Utility or any other software to transfer via USB cable. The computer should see the camera and show it as a drive, which you open to find a "DCIM" folder. Move or copy the files to your computer.

nathancrowe75
Apprentice

To give a little more in-depth detail. We're a manufacturing company who uses the camera to take quality pictures of our product. The camera is mounted and a about 3-5 photos get taken once every 5 minutes or so. The current issue is that we can't leave a computer out on our shop floor (for fear of someone walking away with it or tampering) and I have to walk the camera between the back of our production floor to our office, connect it, transfer pictures onto a shared drive (that is currently full) and then walk it back out to the floor. If there is an easier way to circumvent this process but automating the transfer of photos from the device onto some external hard drive then I'm all ears.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I insert the card in the slot on my laptop. With W10, it was easy to download photos directly to the appropriate file. Now, with W11, they, in their infinite wisdom, require more steps to get the same result. I never even tried to download wireless from camera to laptop or use a cable.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

If I can't do it wirelessly at all then pulling the card or using a transfer cable is basically the same thing.

Hi, nathancrowe75!

I have my Rebel T7i setup using our image.canon service. Check out the features page HERE to learn about how easy and really useful it is. It automatically forwards everything to the cloud (I use Google Photos & Lightroom), and you can download the companion app onto your computer. It will automatically download the images to your computer. Whenever the camera is connected to WiFi (any WiFi you like), it will transfer every image to your chosen service and/or your connected computer. It also stores the images temporarily for 30 days on the Canon cloud (I like to think of it as a safety net). 

It sounds like this might be the solution you're looking for.

This is incredibly helpful. I'll look into these features. Thank you!

I'm so glad I could help! 😊

Am I missing something or do I have to re-select / re-enter the WiFi details every time I want to upload my images to image.canon?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements