Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T4i 24-70mm lens compatibility

Nitchers
Apprentice

Hi!

I was wondering if there was a 24-70mm lens that will fit on my Canon t4-i 

I know I’m due for an upgrade but I’m slowly saving for a new camera. 
thanks everyone! 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any of the Canon EF lenses will work.

Note that on Full Frame 24-70 is moderately wide angle to normal, on an APS-C frame camera it is normal to moderately telephoto.

Thank you. I would be shooting wedding portraits. I need to be close up and able to be far back…. I think this would be great for that. If you have an option you like better, I’m all ears 😉

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

24 mm is not really wide angle on an APS-C framed camera. A 24-70 has the same field of view as a 38 to 112 mm lens on FF - which is probably whatever advice you are reading is based on.

The EF-S 18 to 135mm, while not as good quality as the L lenses, would give you a Full-Frame equivalent view of 29 to 216 mm, pretty close to the 24mm you are looking for on the wide end, and much more telephoto on the telephoto end.

Otherwise, you might need multiple lenses.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have shot hundreds of weddings, the lens of choice for a Rebel is the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.

A 24-70mm on a Rebel would not be my first choice at all. The  EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens perhaps a distant second place.

A  very important part of this is for you to make sure you are using raw and you have DPP4. Both cost you nothng and can make all the difference. If you don't already have DPP4 you can d/l it from the Canon web site it is free. If you don't post edit your raw image files you need to consider not doing weddings or use your iphone.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements